The Halloween festivities are right around the corner, so now is the best time to hone your tooth-brushing skills. The more we take practice proper brushing techniques, the safer we become to the dangerous effects of tooth decay. Here are some wonderful techniques to get you started:
– Eat a well-balanced diet consisting of all five food groups, and limit between-meal snacks.
– Turn the brush vertically, to clean the front teeth.
– Brush your teeth at a 45-degree angle to the gums.
– Visit your dentist every six months for an oral exam and professional cleaning.
– Brush for 2 minutes, at least twice daily.
– Gently move the brush in small strokes.
– Follow the proper steps to caring for your toothbrush.
– Brush your tongue to remove bacteria and to keep your breath fresh.
– Make sure to brush the outer, inner, and chewing surfaces of each tooth.
– Clean your teeth daily with floss. Tooth decay can still occur in areas that a toothbrush cannot reach.
To learn more, or to book an appointment, please call The Art of Dentistry at 810.653.3503 to speak with a member of our team. You can also visit our office in Davison, Michigan. We are always happy to help you with any of your oral care needs. We look forward to having you as our guest soon.